Welcome to Kindergarten!
Click on teacher's name to view their website.
Mrs. Beck's IA Gwen Hammer
Mrs. Gilmer's IA Andrea Patterson
Mrs. Smith's IA Lisa Jones
Mrs. Frost's IA Mandee Hunter
8:00-10:50 Literacy/Science/Social Studies
Frost- 11:22- 11:52
Gilmer- 11:24- 11:54
Smith- 11:26- 11:56
1:35- 2:15 Encores
Teachey Tiger Rules
1. We are Respectful
2. We are responsible.
3. We are learners.
1. Letter and Sound identification
2. Concepts of print
3. Identify and create rhyming words
4. Hear and record sounds in words
5. Sight words (High Frequency word)
6. Relationships between letters and their sounds within books
7. Comprehension strategies with books
8. Communication skills
9. Expressing ideas through three types of writing: informational, narrative, and opinion
**Science and Social Studies will be integrated within the literacy components.
Big Ideas in Science
1. Forces of motion
2. Matter properties and change
3. Earth systems
4. Living organisms
Big Ideas in Social Studies
2. Geography and environment
4. Civics and government
1. Know number names and count in sequence to 100
2. Count to tell the number of objects
3. Compare numbers
4. Add by putting together subtract by taking from
5. Work with numbers 11-19 for place value
7. Classify objects and count the number in the sets
8. Identify and describe shapes (squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons, cubes, cones, cylinders, and spheres)